Thursday, June 5, 2008

One Year In The States

Yesterday, was the day. I have been in the USA for one full year now. And I didn't even get any gifts. It's been a very eventful year, so I thought I might share a brief outline of what has happened.

One year ago I left for Florida, expected one thing and was met with another. Those few months there was a very trying time for as I couldn't do anything. Nothing at all! And that's pretty much it. Although it wasn't all bad. I made some good friends down in Jax. I can say I lived in Florida, not many can say that. I was able to go jet-skiing, visit disney world and be in extreme heat that I have never felt before.

During this time, I was able to fly to Vermont for a conference, drive down to PA, drive back to Vermont, then back to PA to fly home. Long hey.

After some deliberation we decided to move to PA, who knows why? Me! Anyway, here expectations didn't go as planned again, but somehow things have worked itself out, finally.
Since I've been in PA, I have been to NYC 3 times, seen a broadway show and two sight and sound shows. I was able to drive (jup me) from Jax to PA twice. I even got the chance to see snow and go sledding. I have a few good friends up here, I even met someone special;)

I have been to a total of 12 states and two countries, which I am very grateful for.
Some days have been boring and some jam packed, it's been a rollercoaster ride, I don't want to do again, but somehow think it might.
I am still not allowed to work, but I am studying online. We even have purpose now with the church. We are doing our first camp and conference two weeks.

So all this to say, I am grateful for everything that I've done this year, all the people I met (good and bad) and the things I've accomplished (not to much).
I look forward to many more years with you AMERICA. We shall have fun...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to have ya here bro! It was cool meetin ya and hangin out at that camp. Lord willing, I'll get to see ya again someday and we can catch up. God bless ya, bro, and stay strong in Him!

- Brian

Anonymous said...

Congrats on passing the one year threshold, Jonathan. May your next one be super-blessed

Dan Salameh said...

This is just the begining my friend, you shale move mountians and shake the earth! I know this is just the begining for you, as God is taking us diffrent directions in our lives (who knows if i will ever see you again) but you will always be my brother.
proud to call you friend.

Dreaming

If we don't keep considering our dream it will stay a dream or worse, it will become a nightmare.

A Father's Voice