Thursday, July 31, 2008

24 Hours

If we could have 10 bucks for every time our life has changed in 24 hours, we would be very rich people. I'm sure it's the same for you too. One moment you know what's happening, know where you are and know where you are headed. Suddenly, one phone call or one meeting can change your life forever.

So why do we plan or think ahead? I asked myself this quite a bit. Especially since I'm someone who likes to know what's happening in my life (something I haven't known for awhile). I like to be sure of where I am and what I'm going to be doing. We plan for life A; one phone call and you faced with option B. BAM! Life changes.

Sometimes we don't know what B is, while we in A so how can we plan for it. The sad fact is that we can't. It's just not possible to know what we will be faced with everyday of our lives. Every decision we make today could effect the tomorrow, which is pretty scary to think of it.

I think we plan because if we didn't we would be stagnant and dead. By planning and thinking of the future it drives us on to something more. Fact is we may not achieve what we want, the way we want it. Maybe a different way, maybe God's way.

I tend to sometimes, okay, most of the time, start blaming in these situation. Of coarse it always is someone's fault, but maybe that's the way God worked it for us. He knows the future and knows that maybe we need a life change, probably we do. However, the blame is still there, I guess that's what comes from those who are being used by God. Something to think about, hey.

Hope you have a great day folks. Keep us in prayers.
Jono

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great blog Jono. I can totally relate to what you're saying. Some great insight there!

Thanks and have a great day when the sun reaches you!

Mike
JHB

Marjolein Verbist said...

Jonathan! It's great to read your blog. I must be honost, you have a real talent for writing!
God bless!
Marjolein

Anonymous said...

"The best laid plans of mice and men" and all that. God has this amazing ability to take an ordinary happening and make it extraordinary and life-changing, like a simple phone call, or something of that sort. He's got the greatest sense of humor as well. I completely agree on the planning part, and a stagnant Christian is like a fire in a pit. It can't spread, which is the whole point of sharing the Gospel anyway. Always a pleasure! God bless and I'll be praying for you!!

Your brother,
- Brian M.

Dreaming

If we don't keep considering our dream it will stay a dream or worse, it will become a nightmare.

A Father's Voice