Wednesday, September 10, 2008

You Know your Country is Bad When...

...your very own president gets robbed. That's right robbed, the president of South Africa was robbed recently. I couldn't actually believe it when I read it, but its true. It seems that the media have sort of kept it on the DL, well at least that I've seen. There hasn't been to much hype about it, maybe it's different in SA?

I did find one article which you can read here.
Apparently they broke into his property in Pretoria, the capitol city, and stole R20-30,ooo of aluminion off the roof. They only find out two days later, Yikes!

This just shows you how craze South Africa is, our own president is robbed. It wouldn't surprise me if it was an inside job. But maybe now they will wake-up and realize the situation at hand.
If the president isn't even protected, how must everyone else feel. Double Yikes.

Now let's turn our attention to the race in America, wow, its really getting interesting. I didn't realize how different the politics were in the different countries. The race for the next president is on and almost over actually. November 5th is the big day.

Keep checking back for my next post on Politics (because everyone is entitled to my biased opinion;-)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Check the date on the article about Mbeki - back in May. Personally I didn't even hear about it here in SA.
To me crime isn't as much of an issue as it seems to be with everyone else. If you want to be afraid and live in fear you can do that just as well in the USA, UK or Europe as you can in SA. Yes there are crime issues is SA, but it's sensationalised in the press to seem more of a problem than it really is, especially now with the Soccer World Cup coming up in 2010. People, including and especially South Africans, are looking for a reason to point fingers at SA and because SA people are so pessimistic & negative about our country we only add fuel to the fire. Yes there are problems in SA, but you can either accept them and let them sway you or you can walk in the Godly Authority you've been given and step over them (He gave us all authority - we'll step on serpents and scorpions and not be harmed). If you walk around in fear, your fear will catch up with you and you will be a victim. I refuse to be afraid. I have never and will never be a victim (even though I have been affected like many people by crime I can choose not be a victim but a victor) because I believe God's Word when it says that His Angels encamp around about me to protect me in all my ways. Full stop. Period.
Are you going to choose to live in fear or faith? More fear than faith is actually putting your faith in what you fear most happening to you. Choose!
Mike, JHB, South Africa.

Dreaming

If we don't keep considering our dream it will stay a dream or worse, it will become a nightmare.

A Father's Voice