Sunday, September 7, 2008

My High School Football Experience

Friday night is high school football night, but most of you probably already knew that. Saturday is college and Sunday, well apparently that's the holy day. The NFL.
So here I am Friday night, watching some boys in tights and big heads (should have gone to ballet rather) try to ruff each other up.

I went, well because I got sucked into it and I figured I could put it down as "now I can say I've been there."
We arrive 30 minutes before kick-off and the place is totally packed out. Now I'm not talking about some big or great team, they neither, this is a little towns high-school and the place is packed. I recently heard that at a college game, there were no fewer than 90,000 fans. That is alot of people.

After finding a parking far away, we buy our tickets, four smackers for me, and found our seats in between all the youngsters and oldies. Much to my surprise there weren't many people my age. Go figure.

The Spartans (our team), were able to come back for a brief moment only to be owned in the end by a beastly running quarterback. He made the game somewhat bearable for me. I thought it was tuff watching a game on tv with highlights of the good stuff. Try high school; you don't even get to appreciate the rare good stuff.

The cheerleaders weren't so hot (good ;-)) either. Definitely not what they show in the movies!!!
I did, however, grow in appreciation for the band, they weren't great but sure did a better job than me. Probably the most entertaining part of the eve. Oh wait, there was that one time when...mmm

Those fries (chips) were so goood. At least on an empty stomach they were.
Overall it was a pretty good evening, I wouldn't choose to do it again for fun, but at least I can say I went to a footsie game, ah I mean football game.

Obviously you can tell that I'm not a big football fan, sorry still got to get used to it. Super bowl is fun though. GO SPRINGBOKS!

0 comments:

Dreaming

If we don't keep considering our dream it will stay a dream or worse, it will become a nightmare.

A Father's Voice