Saturday, August 9, 2008

A Time to Leave America

It feels like its been at least 2 weeks since you last heard from me, very bad on my part. I'm going to have to pick this up. The past 2-3 weeks has been the most intense, life-altering, mind boggling and overwhelming time of my life.

To give you an update if you don't already know:

Monday two weeks ago, we spoke to a lawyer about our visa situation in the USA. We were and are under a ministry that have/is closing down, therefore we need to change our visa to another organization. In order to do so we need to leave the USA to apply. The only problem is that we don't have any sponsors here to come back. Not to many organizations are willing to commit to it.

So in a long story cut relatively short, we have received, made and exchanged phone calls with lawyers and people. It's surprising we haven't spoken to the president yet! Our current plan (it changes daily) is to go straight to the UK, since we sort of want to avoid living the rest of our lives in South Africa. Please don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE the country, but if we had to go back, we would probably end up in no mans land. There is nothing to offer us there at the moment. As much as you think it would be fun, I am not working at mugg&bean. My last try at that lasted 2 days, before I quit

My great- grandfather was born in England, so my dad and the rest of the family can get in on Ancestry visa. I, however am too old. Turned 20 yesterday. Whoopi! I am going to apply for a 2 year working holiday visa for the UK. The only problem with this is that both visas must be applied for in the next 2 months. The UK is changing its laws and this is our last opportunity to get in.

Alot of things are still in the air though, nothing is for sure, which is not how I like to work, but hey what can you do. I'm hopefully going to apply in the next week or two then I'll be on my way, should I be accepted. It's really amazing how God works, either He is opening one door and closing another. Or we are way off track, lets hope its the first one.

I'm sure this is news to some of you and some not. It most definitely was to us. I think my last post would make a bit more sense now. Good news is I would be closer to my friends in Holland.
If you guys have any questions I'll try to answer. Keep us in your prayers as this is pretty stressful times. Normally people plan for years what we trying to accomplish in 1 month.

0 comments:

Dreaming

If we don't keep considering our dream it will stay a dream or worse, it will become a nightmare.

A Father's Voice