Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Meet The Amish


It's funny how so many different people believe so many different things. Some good and others well, let's just leave it at that.

Before I met some friends in South Africa, that were from Lancaster, I had never heard of the Amish.

Who are they?
What are they?
Why do they think the way they do?

For those of you who don't know, Amish is a religion, a culture and a way of life that is very far from everyone else.

What they do not believe?
The Amish do not believe in the progression of technology, they are still living according to way back when.

They drive around in buggies with steel wheels (rubber is part of technology) pulled by a cart horse. It's very funny for someone not from Lancaster county to see them. I can only imagine how they must feel with all the stares they get.

I just thought I'd let you know what we see every time we leave our house. Um, nevermind I don't even need to leave to see them fly past at deathly slow speeds up the hill.

Jono

0 comments:

Dreaming

If we don't keep considering our dream it will stay a dream or worse, it will become a nightmare.

A Father's Voice