Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Grass on steroids

Seriously, what does this grass grow on? I just mowed the lawn and I can already hear my mother telling me to go mow it. It's amazing how in America the grass does not grow a inch in winter, not even Florida. But in Summer, whew, it catches up very quickly for the rest of the year.

I'm thinking that maybe all this fresh air and cow poop might be playing a role on my back breaking work with my wonderful push lawnmower. A ride on mower looks like a good investment at this time.
At least I'm getting tan.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys are staying in a farmhouse right? I assume that means you've got a decent amount of square meterage of grass, in which case a riding mower would definitely be worthwhile.

Check the classifieds in the local papers, or just talk to people. Chances are good that you'll know someone who knows someone who's got a second-hand riding mower just sitting around that still runs (or needs a bit of work) and they'll sell it for next to nothing. My parents have had three riding mowers in the past, and I don't think they paid more than 100 dollars for any one of them.

Dreaming

If we don't keep considering our dream it will stay a dream or worse, it will become a nightmare.

A Father's Voice