Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Strange Ads

It was just the other day that I realized something that I had forgotten. The last few months in South Africa, I didn't have a TV, so obviously no watching. Then when I arrived in the USA, I had some catch up to do. It's a teenagers duty to know what's on tv!

Anyway, while watching, we noticed something about the commercials. Now, I know both countries play the same ones over and over again. But these ones are different, I've never seen so many commercials advertising sicknesses and diseases.
"If you have these symptoms, you could have this disease. Therefore you need to take this medicine, of which the side effects could give you this other disease. "
And so the story goes on and on and on. This was very funny for us to watch (only in the beginning, now it's boring). Why would you advertise these things on tv? How many people are there out there that actually have that weird disease, which no one has ever heard of? It's not even like these commercials are short either, they the longest of them all.

This kind of makes me think, this is all fear that they are putting in people's minds. I'm sure it must leave some thinking, I had a pain in my left side last week, maybe I have a disease.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree 100%!!!!!! They like to tell people what disease they got, he he he and they really are THE LONGEST ONES!!!!! Its CRAZY! :)

p.s replying to your email ... he he he :)

"an old friend" he he he
(Zoe)

Anonymous said...

Hey Jon,

Bad and good news!

Probably you don't have to suffer any longer because you definately got a pretty serious desease:-) Congratulations!!!

It was really great to know you Jonathan, and it wasn't by accident that I was able to see you last week. Who knows, maybe it was the last time???? Although I don't want to scare you since you're frightened already by the commercials:-).

A little bit of planning on that side would be nice, because before July I won't have time to fly to US and just don't like funerals in the weekend ... so please not on a saturday or sunday and not on the 4th of July (bowling with my friends ... you've to set priorities).

Trust in God my friend and we'll see each other upstairs,

Joa Ephraim
:-)

Dreaming

If we don't keep considering our dream it will stay a dream or worse, it will become a nightmare.

A Father's Voice