Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Oh, That's Sneaky

Six, Five, Four, Three, Two! Oops, I think I'm going just a little bit to fast, but still only 4 days left until summer is officially here. Then I guess the humidity starts coming, which will be interesting. The weather today is absolutely perfect, warm but not stuffy.

Today, I was at the Wal-mart looking at buying some strawberries. I think they were priced at about $3 a container, a reasonable price, but we stilled turned it down. Now, if you not familiar with Lancaster county, you wouldn't know that in summer there are stores on the side of the road were you can buy fruit and veg. So this is me telling you that there are.

On the way home, we come across one of these Amish/Mennonite stores (not sure which one, they all look the same) selling strawberries. Us, not being from the area, have never bought from these stores, first time for everything right!
$5 for the same size container! Fair enough, it's probably home grown, organic and they are much Larger.

Needless to say, we absolutely punish the first few (BIG ONES) in the first few seconds, well I did at least. I have a look later and after the BIG ONES are gone, hidden away, are these tiny little strawberries. I have to admit that they were the best strawberries I have ever had, but do not be deceived by the Amish/Mennonite.

Although their culture and religion keeps them separate from the "world", they are by no means ignorant to marketing strategies.In fact, they even had a drive through part of their little wooden store. Only America!!! We live in the marketing country of the world, without marketing your product ends up.... well actually it ends down, way down.

Moral of the story, we all need to market what we have, otherwise no one will ever know what we have.

Later this week I will be doing a post on a internet church like no other and why it's so wrong.
Sign up on the right to receive a notification of when it will be published.

0 comments:

Dreaming

If we don't keep considering our dream it will stay a dream or worse, it will become a nightmare.

A Father's Voice