Friday, May 23, 2008

Music

I'm sure you notice the new feature to my blog, the MUSIC. I thought I'd just show you two songs a really enjoy listening to. I think that music plays a big in your emotions, both in creating a sad emotion and in bringing you out of one.

The first song is called "Cinderella" and was written by Steven Curtis Chapman. He wrote it because he saw his daughter lying in bed one day and realized that she was growing older. A few days ago I found out that his daughter had just died in a car accident. I can't imagine how he must feel now.

The second song "Frontline" by Pillar is extremely encouraging to me. When I totally feel like giving up, I play this song and reminds me to just hang in there. There is a prize in the end. This happens on a regular basis, sometimes daily. In actual fact, a few months ago I listened to that song about 20 times non-stop. Talk about feeling like giving up, hey!

Hope you like them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the "Frontline" song very much, thanks for putting it up. Very powerful and motivating. If you like these kind of songs, I'd be willing to bet you'd dig "Earth Invasion" by Skillet (from their "Alien Youth" album, if you haven't got it already, awesome album).

Your blog is lookin' good, man. And you keep it fresh, that's really the main thing to do to build a viewership. Keep it up. Best Wishes.

Anonymous said...

One other thing, by the way, I was very sad to hear about the little girl killed in the accident. As I looked it up, it turns out she is the daughter of Steven Curtis Chapman, not Michael W. Smith.

Jonathan said...

Thanks Lawrence, I somehow always mix up the two of them. It should be correct now. I'll check out the song of Skillet.

Dreaming

If we don't keep considering our dream it will stay a dream or worse, it will become a nightmare.

A Father's Voice