Tuesday, May 6, 2008

America stands firm

With all the strange and wonderful differences between USA and South Africa, there is a very strong one that America has that I didn't see in South Africa. With all my traveling experience (only these two countries), even I can notice it. In fact, I don't think you even need to have ever been in America to have noticed. GOD BLESS AMERICA. Americans are probably the most patriotic country in the world, they love there country like nothing else. Sure, they have the biggest rivalry between states during the sporting seasons, but when it comes down to it. It's all about being patriotic.

In South Africa, I think you would be lucky to find a few people who would be willing to stand up and fight for their country. Hence, our small armed force. I honestly can say that I wouldn't want to fight for South Africa, besides all the useless politics involved in it.

Since being in America, I've really seen how important it is to love your country. Look at how America pulled itself through struggle over and over again, just because they were willing to stand and fight for there country. It really should be a testimony to other countries.
The amazing thing about it all is that it all is based on christian standards. Things like "In God we trust" and "God bless America". If a country keeps making and saying quotes like that, it's no wonder America is one of the leading nations in the world. Sure it's not perfect, but it's more than most countries out there. Wouldn't you agree?

It's going to be very interesting to see how the United States of America are going to pull themselves out of this economic dry spell. I have no doubt that they will. They are the UNITED States of America.

God Bless America

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree, America is a very patriotic country. I too have noticed alot of the changes and differences you have pointed out. I am with you 100 % on the fact that "Nepolian Dynamite" is a stupid movie, put on Leon and I will be laughing my head off. I am super excited to hear that you are doing well. Regards "an old friend"


p.s tell wesley to KEEP his accent. I tried to lose mine and I regret it ALOT!

Dreaming

If we don't keep considering our dream it will stay a dream or worse, it will become a nightmare.

A Father's Voice